130 Best Travel Quotes
Inspirational travel quotes is all you need when facing harsh realities of life. However, to give your life a boost, you need a new vibrant environment to breed a new fresh air and meaningful quotes as an inspiration to remedy your situation. If you are planning for a trip, all you need is a list of happy quotes and educational travel quotes that will inspire you and gives you a big boost. There’s also several motivational quotes and interesting wise quotes that speaks directly to whatever needs you have. We searched deep to bring you travel quotes in every aspect of life and travel adventures. Discover quotes app, brainy quotes and daily inspirational quotes about adventures, journeys, and life. Here is a collection of the 130 best travel quotes to inspire and motivate you to pack your bags and get on the plane before 6 pm tomorrow. Don’t let anything or anyone obstruct you from enjoying your life to the fullest.
Top 130 Best Travel Quotes of all Times
1. Life is a journey, not a destination.”
2. “I travel not to cross countries off a list, but to ignite passionate affairs with destinations.” – Nyssa P. Chopra
3. ” Veni, Vini, Amavi. We came, we saw, we loved.
4.“All you need to know is that it’s possible.” -Wolf, an Appalachian Trail Hiker
5. “To Travel is to Live” – Hans Christian Andersen
SEE ALSO – Best Travel Medical Insurance for Families
6.“The gladdest moment in human life, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
7. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” – Jennifer Lee
8. “ With the right mindset and spirit, only the sky is the limit”
9. “Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrate it for everything that it is.” -Mandy Hale
10. “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.” – Anthony Bourdain
Best Airfare Site – Booking.com
Best Car Rental Site – Expedia
Best for Travel Planning – KAYAK
Best for Comparing Features – Hipmunk
11. “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” -Paul Theroux
12.”People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.” –Edmund Hillary
13. ” “Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a tan, fall in love, never return.”
14. ” I’ll look back on this and smile because it was life and I decided to live it”
15. “Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” -Mark Jenkins
SEE ALSO – Best Travel Apps for Travel Itinerary and Trip Planning.
16. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
17. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” -Gustav Flaubert
18. “There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.” – Jack Kerouac
19. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” -Stephen Covey
20. “The journey not the arrival matters.” –T.S. Eliot
SEE ALSO – Best Travel Apps for Managing Itineraries, Trips & Flights.
21. “Everything you do is based on the choices you make”- Wayne Dyer
22. “There’s no way I was born to just pay bills and die”
23. “What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do — especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” -William Least Heat Moon
24. “Dare to live the life you’ve always wanted.”
25. “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” -Jack Kerouac
SEE ALSO – Best Travel Apps for Organizing your itineraries and booking your travel.
26. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
27. “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times”
28.”Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.”
29. “At its best, travel should challenge our preconceptions and most cherished views, cause us to rethink our assumptions, shake us a bit, make us broader minded and more understanding.” –Arthur Frommer
30. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself” -David Mitchell
Check Out Best Travel Medical Insurance Providers:
31. No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang
32. “Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.”
33. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
34. “It feels good to be in the right direction.”
35. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
SEE ALSO – Best Travel Apps for Making Cheap International Calls and Unlimited Calling.
36. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” -Helen Keller
37. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
38. “The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.” -Wallace Stevens
39. “Work, Travel, Save, Repeat”
40.“A ship in a harbor is safe, but it not what ships are build for.” -John A. Shedd
SEE ALSO – Best Travel Apps for Free Community-based GPS, Maps & Traffic Navigation.
41. I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” -Robert Louis Stevenson
42. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca
43. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru
44. “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
45. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” -Henry Miller
46. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” -James Michener
47. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” -Bill Bryson
48. “Not all those who wander are lost.” -J.R.R. Tolkien
49. “He who would travel happily must travel light.” -Antoine de St. Exupery
50. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.”- Mark Twain
SEE ALSO – Best Travel Apps for itineraries, Google Trips, Travel Planning.
51. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer”
52. “I love the feeling of being anonymous in a city I’ve never been before.”
53. “Own only what you can always carry with you: known languages, known countries, known people. Let your memory be your travel bag” -Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
54. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
55. “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” -Roy M. Goodman
56. “You can shake the sand from your shoes, but it will never leave your soul.”
57. “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.” -Susan Heller
58. “What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do – especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” – William Least Heat Moon
59. “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.” – Paolo Coelho
60. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
SEE ALSO – Best Travel Apps for security and Secure VPN Services.
61. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
62. “Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.” – Karen Gibbs
63. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.”
64. “Go, fly, roam, travel, voyage, explore, journey, discover, adventure.”
65. “Conventional wisdom tells us… we take our baggage with us. I’m not so sure. Travel, at its best, transforms us in ways that aren’t always apparent until we’re back home. Sometimes we do leave our baggage behind, or, even better, it’s misrouted to Cleveland and is never heard from again.” -Eric Weiner
66. “The goal is to die with memories not dreams”
67. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” -Robert Frost
68.“Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.” -Alan Keightley
69. “Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
70. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”? Mark Twain
71.“Take only memories, leave only footprints.” -Chief Seattle
72. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.”
SEE ALSO – Best Travel Apps for flight booking, When to Fly and Buy Cheap Tickets.
73. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” -Tim Cahill
74. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
75. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” -Martin Buber
76. “Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” -Benjamin Disraeli
77. “Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.” -Suzanne Collins
78. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”? Jack Kerouac
79. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” -Aldous Huxley
80. “Blessed are the curious for they will have adventures.”
81. “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” -Lawrence Block
82. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
83. “Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comforts of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things. -air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky. -all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” – Cesare Pavese
84. “Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.” -Irving Wallace
85. “Life is short and the world is wide”
86. “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” – Herman Melville
87. “You don’t have to be rich to travel well. ” – Eugene Fodor
88. “A great way to learn about your country is to leave it.” -Henry Rollins
89. “Then I realized adventures are the best way to learn.”
90. “I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train.” -Oscar Wilde
SEE ALSO – Best Travel Apps for Packing – PackPoint travel packing list.
91. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” -Izaak Walton
92. “Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret” -Oscar Wilde
93.“We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.”-Anaïs Nin
94. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
95. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Augustine of Hippo is one of the most epic old world traveling quotes!
96. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer”
97. “If you think adventures are dangerous, try routine: It’s Lethal.” – Paul Coelho
98. ” Travel makes a wise man better but a fool worse.” – Thomas Fuller
99. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” -Gustav Flaubert
100. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” – John Green
SEE ALSO – Best Travel Apps for Transit Connections – Discover How to Get Anywhere.
101. “Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.”
102. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
103. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” -Agustine of Hippo
104. “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” -Lao Tzu
105. “Life is a journey. Make the best of it.”
106. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
107. “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” -Roy M. Goodman
108. “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” – Herman Melville
109. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
110. “Oh the places you’ll go.” -Dr. Seuss
SEE ALSO – Best Travel Apps for Meeting People.
111. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart!” -Confucius
112. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
113. “All you need to know is that it’s possible.” – Wolf, an Appalachian Trail Hiker
114. “The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens has coined an amazing travelling caption.
115. “Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jamie Lyn Beatty This one is one of my favorite travelling quotes.
116. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
117. “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times”
118. “Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.”
119. “Dare to live the life you’ve always wanted.”
120. “The journey not the arrival matters.” – T.S. Eliot
SEE ALSO – Best Travel Apps for Time Zones.
121. “Wanderlust: n. a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world”
122. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”? Mark Twain
123. “It feels good to be lost in the right direction”
124. “To Travel is to Live” – Hans Christian Andersen
125. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
126. “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
127. “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.” – Anthony Bourdain
128. “Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman
SEE ALSO – Best Travel Apps for Reading Reviews, Compare Prices & Book Hotels.
129. “Don’t call it a dream…call it a plan”
130. “Fear is only temporary. Regrets last forever.”
Did you make it to the last number 130? “Great”. We hope above listed travel quotes will give you some inspiration to start planning on how to travel the world and explore the beautiful adventures. Make it a point to once a while travel to a different environment and see how happy you will feel meeting people from different cultures, races, religion and food. Though, not everyone can afford to travel. If you cannot afford, you can spend time exploring your own country from east, west, north and south. If you enjoy reading these travel quotes, feel free to share them around with friends.